Old May 14th 20, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul[_11_]

Default DG-303 spar issues - puchase?

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 2:28:33 PM UTC-4, Turkey Vulture wrote:
The DG 300 is a fantastic glider that you will love.
It's perfect for the low-time pilot. The 303 has all the creature comforts that were implemented over the versions starting with the DG 100. The 300's performance is supposed to be similiar to the DG 200 (which is flapped). I doubt that's the case at high speeds but maybe?

The wing spar on the DG 300 did have an AD that forbids acrobatic flight without a very specific type of inspection. Something to consider...

Get the DG 303! Or, get a DG 100. It will give you 95% of the fun and satisfaction of the DG 300 at less than half the price. You can also do loops....legally.

Thanks! I've looked at flapped gliders, but I'm preferring non-flapped gliders. There are a few DGs for sale on W&W.

Paul