Old August 10th 03, 06:42 PM
Mark Manes

Matthew,

I've been using FliteSoft Pro for 4 or 5 yrs. I have considered trying
some others, mainly FlightStar, but FliteSoft does everything I need it to
do and does it well. Support is great, I get IFR and VFR current Charts and
Approach Plates to print off if I need them, all for
$110/year(approximatley). I even have Express on my PDA. I use Anywhere WX
enroute on the Ipaq but use Express for flight planning when I'm not at
home. Express will dial duats from a CF modem and do the flight planning
just like FliteSoft. If you have any specific questions in mind email me
and I'll try to answer them.

Mark Manes
T310Q - N28409
WC5I

"Matthew P. Cummings" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:34:43 +0000, PA28Rdrvr wrote:

Greetings, I would like to find out which flight planning software is
preferred by readers of this group. I currently use Destination Direct

but
need an update. I have been considering switching to Flightsoft. What

If I was to suggest a software program to take the place of yours, then
the only thing in the running would be Jeppesen's Flightstar IFR. The
weather overlays are much nicer than any of the packages you have, but the
downside is the cost of updates.

---