Old August 11th 03, 02:29 AM
Stan Gosnell

"PA28Rdrvr" wrote in

t:

Greetings, I would like to find out which flight planning
software is preferred by readers of this group. I
currently use Destination Direct but need an update. I
have been considering switching to Flightsoft. What would
you recommend? I always file IFR when going CC so I use
the planner for that feature 99% of the time. Thanks.

The only PC software I've tried is Flitesoft, & I like it. I've
flown 5 hour+ multiple-stop round robin trips, & the actual
flight time was within 5 minutes of the time Flitesoft
predicted. You do need to get accurate performance information
into it, as well as reasonably accurate winds.

I use Copilot and Flyby Nav Pro for Palm for flight planning
most of the time.

--
Regards,

Stan