Old May 10th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mario[_2_]

Default Central California Soaring Contest, Avenal Update

CENTRAL CALIFORNIA SOARING
CLUB

May 10,
2010

The contest is almost here and the soaring weather is beginning to
cooperate.
We had a convergence over the mountains marked with beautiful cumulus
clouds with bases at about 8,500' on Saturday. And pilots from Avenal
and Hollister
took advantage of it. The clouds developed early again on Sunday but
most of us
had plans elsewhere.

So far we we are making plans for about 21 contestants. They have
either registered
or have told us they will be coming. If you are coming and have not
informed us please
send us an e-mail and register on-line at the SSA website. This year 3
towplanes will be
on the field for the contest.

SSA website: http://www.ssa.org/members/contestre...il.asp?id=2142

The turnpoints for the contest : http://soaringweb.org/TP/Avenal

Remember to bring your pilot's license, proof of insurance, pilot
registration form,
tie-downs, and weak links.

For further information go to our website at http://www.soaravenal.com/

Thank you,