Old January 31st 04, 06:21 AM
devil

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:47:37 +0000, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"stephen" wrote in message

How do you feel about fairies dancing on your front lawn?

Depends. Please describe the fairies.

What I don't understand is why the US has not planted WMD in Iraq so
that they could find them.

They have been lying all alone. What is one more?

You've hit it without realizing it. Had the Bush administration been lying
about the WMD, they surely would have planted evidence that proved their
case. That little evidence of WMD has been found to date suggests that
while they may have been wrong about WMD in Iraq they were clearly not
lying.

That they ended up believeing in their own lies does not necessarily mean
they were not lies.

Just that they were foolish.

(But I guess I agree. If I were in their shoes, I suppose I would have
found a way to find WMDs. But eh, I am not trying to compete for the
prize for the most stupid guy of the week.)