Old October 26th 04, 04:30 PM
Brian Case

Additionally the T-Tail acts like a large Winglet on the end of the
vertical stab and improves the effectiveness of the vertical Stab and
Rudder. Also it only has 2 intersections as opposed to 4 on a
conventional tail. Plus it is easier to mount a one piece removable
stab on top rather than in the middle of the vertical stab.

Brian

Marian Aldenhövel wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have noticed that most if not all modern gliders are built with a
T-Tail (not sure about the term, I am talking about the elevator being
located at the top of the tailfin). While most power-aircraft I know
right up to the airliners have it at the bottom.

What are the aerodynamic or constructive reasons for that?

Ciao, MM