Old June 5th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Special laptop hard drive for aircraft use

http://www.dvnation.com/ssd.html has SSDs now! A solid state drive is
like a hard drive, but it is pure flash memory. This means NO altitute
problems. If you take your laptop flying with you, the hard drive will
crash at about 6000 or 7000 feet due to lack of air pressure. A solid
state drive will not. Since it is pure flash memory, it completely
SILENT, IMMUNNE TO VIBRATION, withstands over 1000Gs of operation
shock, and requres no ventilation. Basic models are speced to operate
in a temperature range of 0 - 70 C (32F to 158F). Various size and
speeds are available as drop-in replacements to any laptop, tablet, or
desktop computer. From 8GB to 128GB in capacity. IDE and SATA. As
low as $599. I put the 16GB SSD in my Aopen Pandora miniPC and will
put one in my next laptop computer.