Old May 16th 05, 01:27 AM
Jay Honeck

First off, this is the same Dave S who has been posting here for years.

Welcome to the real world. You may wish you had taken the blue pill...

:-)

Anyways.. The mission today was to fly to SWRFI, The Southwest Regional
Flyin.

Great PIREP -- and a harrowing approach. IMO, I've found that the mid-sized
fly-ins are MUCH more difficult to get into than either Airventure or Sun N
Fun. They're just not as well organized, and don't have the manpower to
keep things moving as smoothly.

In all honesty, though, I must question the wisdom of a sub-100 hour pilot
flying into a fly-in like this. The airspace around these things can be a
real zoo, and your arrival experience is not atypical. I personally am
glad that I didn't fly into anything like this until I had a few years of
experience under my belt.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA