Old October 15th 03, 09:30 PM
mike regish

A lot of leaves still on the trees. It's been windy, but there's still a lot
of green.

Barnes restaurant should be open on Thursday. Not sure of their hours, but
if you're there around lunchtime, they'll be open. Great food.

There's Keene. They have a restaurant at the main terminal building and a
little lunch place right off the field near the gas pumps.

No airport in Hadley. Northampton (my home base) is near Hadley, but there's
really nothing in walking distance. A whole bunch in town, though. And if
you can't get a ride at the field, you can get a taxi. I'd take you, but
I'll probably be heading out myself. Not sure where I'm going yet. Taking
the wife, so I might just go to Keene. Might go to Block Island or Martha's
Vinyard, though. Got to see what the wind's like. She doesn't like bumps.

mike regish

"Peter R." wrote in message
G.R. Patterson III ) wrote:

Anyone have suggestions for a nice place to land and eat near

Springfield,
Mass? My wife says there's a nice airport with lunch counter at Hadley,
but I can't find it in my tools. We're planning to make a leaf run

Thursday.

I don't have a suggestion other than to say that Thursday might be too

late
for you. Here in the Northeast we are experiencing 40-70 mile per hour
winds due to a pretty strong storm that decided to ruin this amazing fall
we have been having.

In our area most of the colorful leaves have been ripped from the trees,
and the winds are forecasted to get stronger later today.

I am afraid Springfield, MA is right in the crosshairs of this same storm.

--
Peter

News==----

Newsgroups