Old December 29th 03, 06:59 PM
Scott Skylane

Michael wrote:

Roy Smith wrote

I have actually seen one airport served by half a dozen approaches,
including an ILS, where all the approaches were noted /A\na except one
NDB approach.

Any idea why?

My understanding was that an approach got the /A\ thingie if the navaids
required to fly it were not monitored.

That sort of makes sense - the NDB probably had remote monitoring
because it was part of an airway once, long ago. I think the last of
the NDB airways in the US were decomissioned a couple years ago,
though.

/snip/

Not sure about the Lower 48, but there are still plenty of Low Frequency
airways in Alaska. In fact, quite a few of our NDB's have DME
associated with them.

Anyone know of any colored airways in the ConUS?

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane