Old February 24th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Kinda sad...

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Yesterday was gorgeous, CAVU weather in Iowa, so we took advantage and
flew to Ft. Dodge for the first time.

Hey, that's MY neighborhood! And you didn't stop by???

I have visited FOD-FSS a few times but not lately. There were only 2 or 3
people around each time I stopped.

I use that airport regularly for airline flights; I have found that flying
out of FOD is sometimes cheaper than flying out of Minneapolis and is a lot
more convenient for parking (free!). I flew out of there last fall to
Pittsburgh, a month ago to Phoenix and was just there from a Detroit trip on
Tuesday night.

Fort Dodge is one of only two airports that I have flown a plane into and
also flown as an airline passenger. One of these days I'll make Mason City
my third.

-Greg B.