Old December 28th 03, 09:21 PM
Steve Hix

In article ,
Penta wrote:

On 24 Dec 03 10:27:36 -0500, "Ash Wyllie" wrote:

John Schilling opined

Chad Irby writes:

Out of the tens of thousands of cannons sitting on the north side of the
border, anyone want to bet that no more than a couple of hundred
actually get to fire? Especially with a few dozen MLRS launchers and a
couple of hundred attack aircraft cranking out a few million
submunitions across their firing positions... while reducing their
command centers to smoking holes in the ground and jamming
communications.

How do you jam a homing pigeon?

Big magnet.

More to the point, I thought carrier pigeons were extinct?

That would be passenger pigeons, as of 1914.

I know homing pigeons aren't, but I thought they weren't useful for
communications purposes?