Old May 22nd 14, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Default LiFePO4 Batteries

Jeff,

The LFP batteries, while they can be charged with SLA chargers, are better charged by a dedicated LFP charger. The reason for this is they need to charge up to 14.6 volts to get a 100% charge. Most SLA chargers will give only 13.75 volts and this leaves the LFP battery around 80% charged and this pretty much defeats the purpose of buying the higher capacity LFP battery.

I have LFP chargers for $30 (see the address for my webpage in my previous post).

Dave Springford
Fox One Corp