Old June 15th 14, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default LiFePO4 Batteries

Send me your battery (postage paid) and I'll happily repair it and use
it in my ship!

More seriously, I bought my Tenergy 10 Ah battery from Amazon for $153
and it included a charger and shipping. I installed a fuse within one
inch of the battery and, at least for a year, I will take the battery
home to charge rather than leave it plugged in at the airport. One
night I forgot to unplug it and, in the morning, it was cool to the
touch, fully charged, and accepting no current. I also have a Watts Up
inline power meter which records voltage, current, and power dissipation
and was surprised to see that my peak amperage is 2.8 amps in service!
I suppose that means when I transmit and my transponder is replying at
the same time, plus computer, Streak, etc...

Dan Marotta

On 6/14/2014 4:39 PM, Marcin S wrote:
I purchased the exact battery and charger set from all battery. The battery and charger are made by tenergy. I got it January of last year and the battery started to fail at the end of last season. I was running out of power about 3 hrs into my flight.

Most recently, the battery voltage goes down to 5 volts under 1 amp load.

I called temergy and they told me the pcb is bad. They also told me that they can sell me one and if I cut the case open I can simply install it myself and glue the case with jb weld. Not exactly what I wanted to hear after spending $160 on a battery that is supposed to outlast a regular sealed lead acid battery.

Keep Iin mind that their warranty is very short. I would buy somewhere where the warranty is much longer.

Marcin