Old October 13th 20, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 10:55:03 AM UTC-4, Craig Reinholt wrote:
On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 5:52:22 PM UTC-7, Nicholas Kennedy wrote:
Ya Know what would be / Is the ultimate Great Basin ship IMHO?
The EB 29
Kinda big at a 96' wingspan but the 68/1 LD would be nice.
I was in Ely several years ago when there were two there, one flown by a gent I think named John Bally? and his buddy. I checked those planes out, very well finished. Beautiful.
Those guys said they were very nice to fly.
Actually Bally had the 2 seat EB 28 and took my brother Mike XC in it.
I think Binder has been a leader in suppling other manufactures with complete ICE systems for a long time.
At Moriarity NM this spring Keith Essex said this plane was on his radar as his next ship, after he wore out his JS3.
Any guess's on what these go for all decked out with a metal Cobra?
Nick

Nick, Kelvyn Flaval (KF) bought an EB29R this year. It was over $400k. He, along with Mitch Polinsky will be flying them at Ely next season. Sibylle and Ingo Andresen from Germany are Ely regulars and will probably be at Ely too. Ingo flies the 29R. Sibylle flies a 31.

Ingo does not fly the EB29 anymore.