Old December 6th 03, 07:19 PM
Peter Duniho

"ET" wrote in message
My father owns SR-22, it has an anti-icing system (sprays solution out

from
micro holes in the wings/prop/etc)... I am not yet a pilot, so I'm certain
I don't understand all the complexities of this, but would an SR-22 with
this system still be as limited as your statement suggests??

Even when certified for flight into known icing, light planes are simply no
match for real icing conditions. Anti-ice or de-ice equipment is useful for
buying yourself more time in which to leave the icing conditions (climb,
descend, turn around) but they don't come close to matching the all-weather
capabilities of airliners.

Heck, even the smaller airliners (turboprops) can easily get out of their
depth.

The installation on your father's SR-22 is simply an escape route. It
doesn't provide him with anything near all-weather capabilities with respect
to icing.

Pete