Old August 15th 18, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flying with Parachutes

Mercy sakes, we've beat this topic to death!

As for Krasn "grounding" any pilot who doesn't wear a chute, I guess that is a perfect example of why America is America, namely over here we believe in personal liberty and personal responsibility. If a guy and to wear or not wear a chute, thats his/her business. I am more concerned with his flying practices because thats what can kill me (midair etc) not whether he wears a chute. Thats his bisiness.

And don't give me the dribble about having more soaring fatalities being bad for the overall "image" of soaring. We are and have always been a minute subset of the aviation community. Nobody give a hoot about us or our safety record or lack there of. Fatalities occur and will continue to occur primarily due to **** poor aeronautical decisions aka pilot error.

Wear a chute or don't wear a chute, thats your choice. Personally I wear one while flying my bird solo but for training flights I am more concerned with teaching and practicing situational awareness. That is something thats is way more important imop that having a chute.