Old April 11th 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
VOR-DME[_3_]

Default four course radio range video

I liked the video, and I particularly like the initiative. A more detailed
video, showing some use for on-course navigation and approaches (with a couple
of shots of sectionals from that time, showing the four courses) would have
been more informative to those unfamiliar. I sent the link to my former
instrument instructor who used to fly these in the Navy, but I had to
apologize for you for the poor title, as he is far to young to have been
flying in "the 1940's".

I liked the heroic music as the C-152 takes to the air, though I wonder if the
Captain really uses flaps on takeoff for this aircraft. I assume this is the
plane in which you are having "a blast" at 41,000 ft!

In article ,
says...

Hi bob... Did you see the Video??? what did you think? I know the
range was used from 1928 to 1970 give or take few years We have
been having a BLAST with our 'range station at 41,000 feet we can
track it out to 300 NM!!! It is spot on! all four legs to boot!
let me know how you liked it!!

Dave