Old September 27th 03, 04:14 AM
ops

Download mailwasher from www.firetrust.com and you will be able to
delete off the server and not have to download all the stuff.

Dave S wrote:

Im getting hundreds... a day.. filling my mailbox up. but only on
earthlink. Work and school seem to be filtering them out at the server
level..

Earthlink seems pretty impotent to stop it.

My major problem is.. I use netscrape communicator to do my mail
(usually) but if it pulls mail from the server, McAfee's virus software
deletes it in the middle of netscrape trying to filter it.. or
something.. locks everything up... but my machine doesnt get infected.

So.. im relegated to webmail while the onslaught continues.. im getting
hit from machines in Oz and Germany.. sigh

Dave

Micbloo wrote:

I am presently being bombed by viruses that are under the guise of a
Microsoft upgrade.
There's a discussion on

I'm getting TONs of e-mail about undeliverable messages, critical
patches,
failure to deliver mail, etc. I dont even bother to open it, just
delete it. My computer has been working fine with no trace of
viruses(so far). I have a
virus scan and I believe AOL scans e-mails to detect incoming viruses
also
(like I really know but someone told me that once).
If I dont recognize an address on the e-mail or the subject is
fishy....bam,
DELETED!!
Seems like there is always some asshole out there who enjoys ruining
peoples
computers for whatever selfish or stupid reason.
It sucks but it's part of Internet life.

Gerard