Old March 29th 05, 02:16 AM
Stan Gosnell

wrote in :

A Lieberman wrote:

Check out the CFI number in the report.

I don't know the time frame, but I believe the certificate numbers
were SSN's before identity thief became a problem.

They started using SSNs for airman certificates in the late 1960s or
early 1970s. Before that it was just an FAA-assigned number.

70s, maybe. I got my license in 1968 and it wasn't my SSN. It was some
time before I heard of the cert # & SSN being the same, but I can't
recall exactly when that was, and I was sort of out of the loop on that,
being in the military at the time.

--
Regards,

Stan

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin