Old May 12th 05, 07:20 AM
Marty Shapiro

"Montblack" wrote in
:

("Marty Shapiro" wrote)
Define light GA aircraft. When I was on the ramp at SFO, they told
me I was the only piston powered aircraft to land there that day.

Are they pistonphobic out there at SFO?

And what about the whole MoGas conversion community - I hope they too
are welcome by an open FBO at SFO? Personally, I think AvGas planes
come from the factory that way, but what do I know?

Then there's those new diesel twins - with possible fuel identity
issues...

Montblack

Pistonphobic? I like that!!!

I think the fees at SFO do qualify the airport as pistonphobic. The
ones who seem to be willing to pay them all fly turbo-props or jets. The
airport & FBO will welcome any aircraft bringing them $$$$$!

Should we also count major airports such at LAX which only sell Jet-A
as pistonphobic? I don't think the diesel twins are for sale in the U.S.
yet, nor do I know the status of their certification to burn Jet-A.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)