Old July 30th 07, 09:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray[_3_]

Default YENC solution

I was certain I was not going to get into this discussion; shows you
how wrong a person can be. First, this is the only USNET group I use
that even discusses yEnc. The rest have already been using it along
with .jpg, .jpeg, etc. for some time.

Using FreeAgent it's hard to tell what format the images are in.

Here's my opinion. Let the person post however they want. If you don't
have a yEnc decoder and are opposed to downloading a free decoder,
then skip the picture. Those of us who have the readers vcan view them
if we want. If someone has photos they are willing to post, no matter
the format, they should be encouraged to do so. I don't believe the
readers should dictate format to the posters. I'm grateful to anyone
who posts here. Post a 325,978,465 mb .gif and I won't complain. I
won't download it, although I can read those also, but I simply don't
want to bother with it. This bickering back and forth makes no sense
to me, unless you are 12 years or younger and just enjoy trolling.

So, poster do it in the format you want; reader, look at it or not.

Having looked at most of the photos posted here over the years, IMHO
missing any one of them because of the format would not be an
earth-shattering loss. Many are excellent, but not seeing some of them
will not effectively change my path in life.

Seems simple to me.

PS If someone really doesn't know how to download an yEnc decoder I'm
sure if they asked for help on this or any other USNET group, some one
would be most happy to help.