Old January 6th 04, 08:17 AM
Eugene Griessel

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message thlink.net...

Actually, it is a valid question if it meets two criteria. 1. That is was
meant as a serious inquiry, and 2, considering it was a serious inquiry,
that it addresses the perfectly logical and pertinent question that deals
with the 72 virgins as those virgins relate to the female gender as that in
turn relates to what is stated in the Koran as reward for martyrdom.
I too, would like to know if the 72 virgins are only offered to male
martyrs, and if so, how that relates in turn to a female suicide bomber
offering herself up to Allah as a martyr. It's interesting if this turns out
to be in complete conflict with the rewards being offered to male "martyrs".
If there's a caveat in the Koran that denies these women equal rewards in
heaven that are offered by religious proclomication to their male
counterparts, I for one would be quite interested in how the Mullahs are
selling this to the women!
I believe it's pertinent, and if a serious question , deserves a better
answer than that offered by Ford.

Indeed it is a pertinent question, however I think you are seeking far
too much logic in irrational religious fanaticism. An even more
puzzling question, to me at least, is how often these movements are
subtly driven by women. Why would they want to so enthusiastically
support something which is basically depriving them of so much?