Old May 15th 05, 09:18 PM
Margy

George Patterson wrote:
StellaStarr wrote:

You seem to think a pension is some kind of welfare.
It's money you arranged to have taken out of your paycheck, to save up
for retirement.

You're thinking of a 401K. A pension used to be a guaranteed retirement
income in exchange for spending your life working for the company. One
could argue that you exchanged a higher salary for a lower salary and a
pension, but no money was taken out of your paycheck.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.

They take $$ out of my paycheck for my pension. The rate varies
periodically, but it's been as high as 7.5% and no I don't have the
option to take my money and not have a pension. One part of it is State
pension the other county.

Margy