Old March 31st 04, 07:25 PM
Gig Giacona

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
darwin smith wrote in message

ink.net...
Aardvark wrote:

EL CAJON – An 88-year-old man ended a half-hour rental ride in a
biplane yesterday by jumping to his death and landing in an apartment
patio in view of horrified witnesses, authorities said.

Ordinarily I'd be more sympathetic to the man's plight and to his
family, but in this
case (and based only on what's been posted here so far) I'd say the man

was
completely selfish and inconsiderate. In exchange for ending any pain,
suffering,
and uncertainty he might be facing in his life, he caused a great deal
of emotional
pain and suffering in the lives of countless others.

If he was really dying of this cancer it seems pretty selfish for
"countless" others to want him to live in his misery for their
benefit. In the U.S. we have a seriously distorted cultural adversness
to suicide. Too much catholicism. I applaud the guy. He took control
of his destiny and did what he wanted to do.

-Robert

I don't care what illness the guy had. The was he chose to end his life put
many people, both those that he knew and even more he didn't know, in very
real danger.

GigG