Old December 9th 05, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flight Planning PYM to DEN

In article , Ron Lee none wrote:
If you are not familiar with high altitude flight, read up on it.
Leaning the engine during the runup process is always done by me. Plus
use your airspeed during landing and take-off. Actual ground speed
will be higher than you are used to so don't let groundspeed
perceptions determine flare and rotation points.

FTG does have a tower now so make sure that you have that frequency.

Ah yes, high-altitude flying. Ron & I are do used to it that
it's instinctive. But on the plus side for you, from IOW to FTG it's
pretty much flat land, with an airport no more than 20 min. from
anywhere. Mountains, on the other hand, are a different matter.

Please promise you're NOT going to try to fly to Steamboat...

blanche