Old March 28th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

Default Lawrance 37HP B-75 Radial Engines (B-29 APU)

I have just listed on eBay two Lawrance B-75 5 cylinder radial engine
projects. These are absolutely adorable, something like a half size
Kinner.

Several small homebuilt aircraft have been powered by these war
surplus jewels in years past, however they WILL need some
modifications if they are to be used as airplane powerplants. They
need the oil system to be changed to allow running upright, and they
will need thrust bearings to take the propeller loads.

My limited research shows that one or two of the Heath aircraft used
them, the Driggs Skylark, post-war versions of the 1932 Powell Racer
mini-biplane, and probably others.

This is honestly not a bolt-on and fly situation... this is for
experienced homebuilders and experienced engine restorers. But there
are very very few tiny radial engines out there if that is what you
want on a half size Zero or ultralight Stearman or whatever.

Just go to eBay Motors, look in aircraft parts and/or aircraft
engines, and type in Lawrance.

Reserve is less than half the price of the only two other Lawrance
engines I've seen for sale recently.