Old November 30th 20, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default Identifying a Canopy Blank's Glider Model

We have an unused canopy blank (no frame) wrapped in paper in our club's hangar's attic. It is in very nice shape and has been stored there for years.. No one seems to know anything about it or where it came from. We would like to identify and potentially sell it.

The canopy is 78" long and 24" wide at the rear. Rather long and tapers to a narrow rounded nose like a DG's or Diamont's canopy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFA_Diamant).

A possible clue to the aircraft associated with this canopy is concerning the side window opening. First, there is only one opening which implies that it is for a single place ship. Second, the canopy has pre-drilled screw holes only located around the perimeter of the opening. This seems to preclude a Mecaplex window as there are no additional holes located aft of the opening for the rails.

Pictures of the canopy are available here; https://link.shutterfly.com/qI0hDPifPbb

Any idea?

- John (OHM)