Old January 12th 21, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default OLC in Firefox?

On 1/12/21 12:28 PM, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 1/12/2021 11:04 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
On 1/11/21 4:08 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 17:02:55 -0500, Moshe Braner wrote:

In recent weeks/months I can load an OLC flight page OK in my off-beat
browser (Pale Moon), but if I open the page in Firefox it never
shows me
the map of the flight, it forever says "Please wait, loading in
progress..." in that part of the page.Â* But it does show the text info
of the flight.Â* Must be something in the Firefox settings or add-ons?
I have an ad-blocker add-on, but telling it to leave the OLC pages
alone
does not help.Â* Firefox used to display OLC pages OK some months back,
before I foolishly allowed it to "upgrade" to a newer version.Â* Anybody
have the same issue?Â* (No, I won't use Chrome...)

The only annoyance Firefox has produced recently is to restart after a
shutdown with a list of the last 'n' URLs accessed along the top - with
any non-local reference refuses to open. Delete the lot and FF
immediately shuts down, but at least after that it can be started with
your default home page showing.

My main browser is now Brave, which by and large does just what you
expect.

Another feature of Brave that I like is certain statistics it presents
with the opening of each new tab.Â* It's a setting which you can select
or not, but I like seeing it.Â* Having used Brave for a month or so
now, these are the stats:

31,616 Trackers & ads blocked
1.39GB Bandwidth saved
27minutes Time saved

Why use Google or Firefox any more?

Firefox with an ad blocker installed does the same.Â* It's only OLC right
now that I am having problems with.

I'm using up to date Firefox with an ad blocker, and having no problem
with OLC. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling, if clearing caches
doesn't work?