Old April 20th 10, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

Default Heads Up Display on iPhone?

On Apr 20, 12:16*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Apr 20, 6:20*am, John T Dow wrote:

This looks like a cool HUD iPhone app for driving:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kn37kvGpHQ

Will someone write an app like this that would give collision warnings
in a gaggle? Alert when too high, low, fast or slow on final? I know,
it would probably require 3 iphones and with better cameras, but the
technology is here...

I noticed yesterday that WinPilot will be ported to the iPhone soon, I
would guess it will also make it to the iPad not long after that. * I
am still waiting for a 6" pad computer, I hope the Notion Ink Adam
will be made in a 6" form in the future so we can use the Pixel Qi
technology.

SoarPilot has been running on the iPhone lately (thanks to a port of
StyleTap). However, the iPod Touch isn't a supported platform because
it
doesn't have an internal GPS or serial communications port. I don't
know
of anyone trying the iPad though.

-- Matt