Old April 1st 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default firefox 4 and blipmaps

On 4/1/2011 9:13 AM, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Apr 1, 8:28 am, wrote:
On Apr 1, 8:20 am, John
wrote:

Blipmaps show up upside down after upgrading to firefox 4. Has anyone
seen and solved this problem?
Thanks
John Cochrane

Just wait til tomorrow.

Just switch to XC Skies - readable interactive maps that are always
the right way up and more features.

Haven't looked at Blipmaps since switching two years ago.

Before you switch, make sure the forecasts are adequate for your
purposes. A good interface and more features have little value if the
forecasts don't match your weather. In fact, I still prefer the Blipmap
interface by a small margin - quick, easy, adequate.

I followed both for a couple years, and Blipmaps gave more reliable
forecasts in my primary area, the Pacific NW. The "more features" were
intriguing, but not useful because they used the GFS model, which works
poorly in the NW area. I'll revisit XC Skies when they NAM model is
available with the "more features".

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl