Old February 12th 07, 01:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Default Overstressed King Air

Mitchell Holman wrote:
"Alan" wrote in
:

Passed on to me from a friend - evidently the pilot's windshield cracked
at 27k feet, the crew dumped pressurization per the checklist and donned
oxygen - only there wasn't any coming to the masks. They passed out and
woke up at about 7000 ft and had to pull out of the dive.

Sounds like grounds for litigation to me...........

0. Remember that the flight recorder hears every word
0a. "Ah, non-pertinent remark"
0b. "Wonder what bird flies at FL27?
0c. "I smell something, is that you?"

1. Perform Preflight checklist -- O2 pressure in limits?

2. Don O2 masks and confirm supply switches on auto

3. In-flight emergency checklist
3a. Call out mayday or Pan message to ATC
3b. Squawk transponder to emergency
3c. Begin descent
3d. Alert Pax, if any
3e. Reduce pressure with steady downward reduction curve

4. RTB and find the responsible mech
4a. Punch his lights out
4b Call the boss tell him his plane is a no go for tomorrow's
Gambler's Special and Hookers Hook-up in Las Vegas

5. Change underwear

6. Go to nearest church and thank G-d

7. Get drunk as a skunk