Old April 1st 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Walt

Default Lowrance 2000C ???

On Mar 25, 7:38 am, "Dave" wrote:
I have a couple of questions regarding the 2000C:

1. What are the mounting options? I have never liked yoke mounts.

2. Will it work with a non-Lowrance amplified external antenna (I have
a permanent
unit on top of the fuselage that has worked flawlessly with my
Garmin).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David Johnson

FWIW (probably not much) I have a Lowrance 1000 and use the yoke
mount. I've never had to use the external antenna as reception is
great, both in a Piper Archer and a Cessna 172.

Since the Lowrance's mount is a RAM mount you should be able to find
the kind of mount you'd like, if you don't want it on the yoke. I've
used the suction cup mount that comes with the unit in my car and it
works very well; stayed on the windshield during a ten-hour road trip
from Bozeman to Denver, although it was pretty useless; kind of hard
to get lost when all you need to do is stay on I-25. But, it was
something to look at going through Wyoming besides treeless hills and
antelope. :)

At any rate the RAM accessories should be varied enough so you can
find the kind of mount you like.

--Walt
Bozeman