Old January 5th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Engine Shop Selection (was 'showing metal @ 1,100)

Maule Driver wrote:

2) Shop selection. My mechanic is somewhat shop agnostic - they work
with Signature in Ohio and Mattituck.

Hi MD,

Don't overlook Triad Engines just up the road at Burlington (BUY). They have
overhauled 2 engines for me, an O360 in a Cherokee and an IO-360 in the Mooney.
I've been very satisfied. Othman Rashed 800-334-6437. Stop by for a tour of
their facility, Othman will show you around.

I've also had an engine done by one of the big-name national overhaulers, and it
was a less than satisfactory experience. I won't do that again.

You can have your propeller done at the same time at H&H Propeller, in the same
building.

If you're not AOG, you can fly it up to BUY and have them do the R&R, too, and
probably save on shipping. Let me know if you need a ride home .

Dave