Old January 15th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default and a new pilot/engineer is born.

I would rather see him do this than have him run 409 scams.

Wil

Come on guys. I say this is an "urban" legend. Except that its rural.

All the hallmarks are the No picture or video of the contraption
doing what its claimed it can do, no serious technicalities given, no
real location. The angle of the only picture supplied prevents the
ability to assess in any way the claim that this thing actually flys.

You can't see a motor, the gas tank, the plumbing, or any supporting
equipment. You can't see the controls. It looks positively nose heavy,
overweight in general, and utterly un-airworthy. If this were real
they'd have AT LEAST ONE picture of hit hovering -- and probably a
youtube video of it as well. It would be something to amaze people
with.

Next thing you know they will have set up a website or blog asking for
money to build the new project (the one that will hover 15 feet in the
air)

I think it's fanciful yard art -- and a practical joke on gizmodo. The
Yahoo links don't work and the "raw feed" links to another blog.

Right.

It's internet BS.