Old September 9th 03, 02:58 PM
journeyman

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:00:25 -0400, Andrew Gideon
wrote:

More seriously: that's not quite what I meant. I'm thinking of a "bubble"
of a certain size that must be kept clear. I'm sure there's an official
term, but I don't know it.

I'd imagine that this "bubble" needs to be larger around a fast-mover than a
slow-mover. In other words, a sky of 172s could be permitted to be more
densely packed than a sky of 747s.

At least, that's my assumption. I've no idea whether or not it's correct.

Not. The "bubble" is the same size (5 miles for ARTCC?). This means
that a sky full of 747s can be packed as densely as a sky full of 172s.
What really messes up the works is a mixed sky of fast-movers and
slow-movers.

Morris (slow mover)