Old June 13th 05, 04:13 AM
Jim Burns

Default What kind of plane?

180hp C172
I don't think that the older XP's had the bumps on the cowls, I think it was
only the aftermarket 180hp conversions but I may be wrong.
Jim

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
I went for a boat ride on the Fox River this morning (NW Chicago
burbs). The Broken Oar is a bar/restaurant on the river that gets a
lot of boat and biker traffic. It can be an interesting place to
spend an afternoon on a summer weekend. Anyway, as I boated by - much
to my surprise, I saw a plane on floats beached next to the Waverunner
parking. Cool!

I could not decide what type of plane it was. It looked to be the
size of a 172, but had a 2-blade constant speed prop.

The cowling had a few circular bumps on either sides, toward the
midsection of the cowling.

It was not marked experimental, at least on the exterior.

Any ideas on what I saw?