Old February 16th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default WAAS info

On Feb 15, 7:26 pm, "Paul kgyy" wrote:
I just had the new Garmin 430W installed in my Arrow. Cost of the
exchange from my older 430 was $2500. Labor to install new antenna and
cable plus tax came to $650. It also included testing of existing
connections on my old unit with GPSS and the EDM700 fuel totalizer.

Once you get it back from the shop and go flying how about giving us
a pirep on how the terrain feature works....

This also includes a terrain page.

"Americas" navdata from Jeppesen including WAAS info is $410 vs $365
without WAAS for 12 monthly updates. Jepp will credit unused months
from non-WAAS subscription.

Jepp also is selling their USB adaptor to handle the new 16 meg data
card for a reduced price of $80. Spare cards are $149, and it's good
to have 1 spare, I think. I'm not sure if the old Skybound units will
handle the new card.

I went with the new unit since the plane is in annual now and I could
get it done at the same time instead of waiting for my place in line
at Garmin for the upgrade, for not a lot more money (I was expecting
about $2600 for the upgrade).