Old September 21st 11, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

Default Group Activity

Thank you for the responses.

I have also noticed a very significant decline in the activity on my Yahoo
hp-gliders news group. (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hp-gliders) There has
also been a massive decline in number of visits to the Schreder Sailplane
Designs website. (http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder)

Maybe this is all a sign of the times and we are becoming a society where
people no longer develop the skills and self confidence to build or repair
thing. This is definitely true in the world of Amateur Radio where
homebuilt system were common and now seldom exist.

Again, thank you for the replies.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F" W7ADK
http://www.soaridaho.com/

"Richard" wrote in message

On 9/21/2011 12:11 PM, vaughn wrote:
"Wayne wrote in message
I have been off this group for over a year. Previously this was a very
active
group; however, there has been very few messages since I returned. It may
be
due to my service provider, or maybe with the passing of a few key
members the
overall activity has significantly diminished.

It's not your service provider, and it's not just this group. For a
variety of
reasons, the Usenet is in a serious general decline. There are a few
exceptions, like rec.aviation.soaring.

True enough, but this was, and could still be a viable forum.