Old April 24th 05, 12:38 PM
newsgroup

I did some time with SunState in 2003 - before they moved. I was going to
be there last week, but due to a forced change of plans, had to cancel.

When I first went to SS I was relatively inexperienced (about a year since
gaining my PPL) with no idea what to expect walking through the door. I
must say that the initial meeting did not go as well as it could. This was
mostly my fault - when we flew into KMCO, some of the worst storms I have
every seen arrived in the area and I was thinking about going back home,
especially if it was going to continue to rain! Thankfully the skies
cleared, the sun came out and instead of going home I went back to SunState.

When I was first there the atmosphere was more professional than relaxed,
but that did improve over the week as we got used to each other. I did feel
that these people are more concerned about safety than money. I thought
that they were quite good at booking the correct instructor times (both
ground school and flight times). The instructors are good and
knowledgeable - my stupid questions did not cause them any problems and the
answers were well explained.

I also know of a friend of a friend who did the conversion from PPL(H) to
PPL(A) there with no problems.

In general, while not a laugh a minute, I did feel Sunstate was a good
choice for me and good value, but then I am used to paying $200 per hour!

TL

PS - as my wife has just reminded me, they did suggest a good dentist when
she needed emergency treatment.

"Computer User" wrote in message
news
I am interested in hearing opinions good, bad or otherwise about
SunState Aviation as I am considering them for pilot training and
would like some feedback from the community before committing to this.