Old November 13th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan[_1_]

Default Will the new government have any effect on GA?

Roy Smith wrote:
"Andrew Sarangan" wrote:
My voting decision was influenced in large part on which candidates
supported GA. I called each candidate's office and asked for their
views on GA and ATC privatization.

I'm amazed that you put GA at the top of your issues list. I don't know
where you fit into the political spectrum (nor do I really care), but
consider the following issues:

* Foreign policy
* Terrorism
* Economic policy
* Energy policy
* Abortion
* Environmental policy
* Education
* Health care

Would you have really voted for a candidate whose views on the above issues
were contrary to yours just because they supported GA?

No, I didn't say GA was the only issue. GA was one of the issues, among
others, some of which you have listed above. Others you have not listed
are the war in Iraq and political corruption.

The candidates position on these other issues are well known because
they talk about it in public, and is on their websites. You don't know
their position on GA unless you call them and ask. AOPA had a list on
their website on candidates who support GA, but I found some of that
information to be inaccurate.