Old December 26th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul Tomblin

Default Turbo Dakota question

In a previous article, Clark said:
(Paul Tomblin) wrote in
:
In a previous article, "Mike Noel" said:
Happy Holidays to the group.
I would like to know more about the turbo Dakota. I understand it was
built for only about a year around 1979-80 and has a TSIO-360 200 HP
engine on an airframe similar to an ArcherII. Why only a year? Is it
considered a desirable airplane?

I doubt it's a 200 hp engine. The non-turbo Dakota has a 235 hp engine.
But yeah, it's the same fuselage as the Warrior, Archer, Arrow, etc.

Why do you doubt it's a 200 hp engine? It's a TSIO-360 FB and Continental
rates it for 200 hp at 41 inches MP.

Because I stupidly assumed that if they called it a "Turbo Dakota" instead
of "Turbo Archer", it would have more in common with a Dakota than an
Arrow with the gear welded down.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Microsoft: bringing the world to your desktop -- and your desktop to