Old December 2nd 04, 12:59 AM
Vernon Klukas

In article ,
Roger wrote:

I had about a third of the inside of the horizontal stab get a through
dose of water repellent for leather. The stuff has a very low
viscosity and I think will soak right into the resin preventing a good
bond. No it's not silicon.

Any good way of removing this stuff without destroying the stab in the
process. There are a not of nooks and crannies that you just can't
reach.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I would start by soaking a cloth with the repellant and seeing what will
remove it from the cloth.

First thing that comes to mind is good old hot water and soap, after
that I would slowly move up the solvent ladder, taking care to use
non-oily solvents (i.e. no turps, mineral spirits). The first would be
alcohol.

Yours
Vern