Old April 30th 04, 12:57 AM

Roy Smith wrote:
Yesterday I played with the parallel track function in the CNX-80 for
But, here's my question. Why is it in the box to begin with? Other
than the gee-wiz marketing value, is there any real practical reason for
it existing?

We use it for search and rescue in Civil Air Patrol. Not only is
there parallel track in some of the boxes, some of the Garmins have
the ability to turn on the CAP grid system "overlay", so that one can
see (within the accuracy of GPS) that you are inside or outside of a
particular grid, and turning on the "bread crumbs", you can even see
how accurately you flew the grid and if you covered it all.

Best regards,

LtCol Jer/ Eberhard, Colorado Wing Checkpilot (airplanes and gliders)

--
LtCol Jer/ Eberhard, CO-Wing, Thompson Valley CS., Ft Collins, CO
CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, CELL Message: 9702316325'at'mobile.att.net