Old January 9th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Default Pix of our new fuel truck

Steve Foley wrote:

I think there are permit issues if you want to transport over 50 gallons.
Besides, I doubt he empties the tanks every time. I nkow I don't.

I don't empty mine, but most of the time I return home with more than 45
gallons less than I left home with. That means for most trips a trip to
the gas station to be able to fill up what I burned off. Jay's plane is
a PA28-235, which has IIRC the same 84 gallons capacity my six has
distributed in four tanks. I think his burns about 12.5 GPH, so 4 hours
of flying will use up a full load of the grape.