Old January 15th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.ifr
Brian[_1_]

Default Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

On Jan 15, 12:36*pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

That's what I thought but he said it 6 times. Must be training week
in Sacramento. Sunday night I flew into SAC and was told "Cleared to
land runway 22". I assume they hadn't built a new runway over night.

-Robert

I agree it sounds like an error on the part of the controller. But it
should be easy for you as the pilot to fix. Your response should be
"XXX Tower please confirm Mooney XXX is cleared for Runway 22"

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL