Old May 26th 05, 03:03 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Journeyman wrote:
In article , Dylan Smith wrote:

Nice to see that people are keeping up the tradition of bringing at
least one broken airplane to the fly-in :-)

Hey, there was nothing wrong with it until Tina put her hands on it.
She just made it a little bit better. :-)

Well, in which case it was at least slightly broken :-)

Don't worry, one year someone roofed a Cardinal on the way up to P'ville
when the engine decided that internal combustion was overrated, and
being a windmill was better.
The first year I visited, someone groundlooped a Stearman. We've seen
brakes fail locked *on* on a twin (only on one side of course, just to
make the landing a little more exciting), window catches failing
resulting in an OAT probe going through the fabric, a Mooney that
ejected a cylinder on the way home (but managed to make a forced landing
at an airport). Good job there's always at least a couple of A&Ps at the
fly-in with the number of broken planes that seem to come and go :-)

Of course, if no one brings a broken plane with them, Highflyer has
plenty in his hangar to go around g

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net