Old February 11th 20, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default glider canopy

Oops, forgot somethings........ slip 1/16” shims between canopy rail and fuselage, front and rear, then close and lock frame to fuselage! This gives the needed thermal range 0 to 100+F. I like to use a small guide post at the rear, so that I don't end up moving the gooped-up canopy. I paint on resin to the inside of the canopy and trawl- on cotton flox’ed goo on the frame. Schleicher uses a thin strip of foam tape to keep the goo from oozing out onto the inside of the canopy! This is definitely a TWO MAN JOB!
🥴 JJ