Old July 2nd 03, 08:28 PM
Red Rider

"s.p.i." wrote in message
om...

SNIP!
With what
is being proposed why would you need 12 carriers anyway?

Because it is hard to park a B-2 just off some ones coast 24/7 as a reminder
that you may not approve of their actions. (Besides the AF and satellites
just isn't that visible).

A Carrier Battle Group in someone's bathtub shows them you are very
concerned. Two Carrier Battle Groups, plus a couple of MAU's tells them you
are really PO'd. Three or more means the S**t is about to hit the fan.

Its human nature, if they can't see it, they don't think about it. Now if
you could park a space station that was visible from the ground over them it
would be different. But we can't, and we probably can't do it in the
foreseeable future either. So we will have to make do with the Carrier
Battle Group, and once or twice a day have one of the escorts pop up above
the horizon, have a few aircraft making contrails in the sky, and of course
plenty of radio chatter, just to remind everyone who is watching.

In the last 50 years or so the Carrier Battle Group, has become more of a
diplomatic tool than an instrument of war. But war is really extreme
diplomacy anyway.

Red