Old September 3rd 12, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default PowerFLARM protocol version 6

On Monday, September 3, 2012 1:28:40 PM UTC-4, kirk.stant wrote:
I'm playing with my PFB (on ground near big airport) and while
I'm getting good Mode A/C/S hits out to 5NM, I have yet to get
an ADS-B return. Is there some special setting in the FLARMcfg
file that's needed to enable ADS-B?

Because of FAA's lame policies and dubious technical decisions
and indecisions, adoption of ADS-B in USA is extremely slow;
well behind other more advanced countries. You won't see much
ADS-B traffic unless you're near a large airport with frequent
international flights to countries more advanced in their ADS-B
implementation.

Sorry to say...
See ya, Dave "YO electric"